Introducing Stork: Shipping Now!
Masimo Technology at Home
34 years ago, two engineers decided to rethink pulse oximetry to solve what was widely deemed an “unsolvable” problem: how to make pulse oximetry work on the patients who needed it most – vulnerable babies in the NICU. Their invention, Masimo Signal Extraction Technology®, or SET®, revolutionized the industry. In the years since, with our ongoing commitment to improving outcomes for even the youngest and most fragile of patients, Masimo SET® has helped virtually eliminate blindness in the NICU due to retinopathy of prematurity1 and dramatically improve screening for critical congenital heart disease in newborns.2 With Stork we are now able to offer that same accuracy and commitment to parents at home.*
top U.S. hospitals, as ranked in U.S. News and World Report, use Masimo SET® as their primary pulse oximetry technology.5
patients are monitored with Masimo SET® pulse oximetry in leading hospitals and other healthcare settings around the world each year.6
have shown that Masimo SET® outperforms other pulse oximetry technologies.7
"From its inception in 1989, Masimo has focused on monitoring solutions that improve the lives of the youngest among us. Masimo SET®, our foundational technology, was designed first and foremost to address the challenges clinicians commonly face in monitoring babies, such as motion and low perfusion. With Stork, we have been able to take our passion for neonatal and newborn care, coupled with our wide-ranging expertise in accurately monitoring the body's physiological markers in innovative and groundbreaking ways, and crafted a solution that we hope will help babies and their parents live their best lives."8
Joe Kiani, Masimo founder
Masimo SET® pulse oximetry sensors – the sensors inside the Stork boot – are designed to keep track of your baby’s oxygen saturation, pulse rate, and temperature, accurately and reliably, whether awake or asleep, moving or at rest. SET® is built on a legacy of more than thirty years of refinement and unparalleled devotion to using advanced engineering and technology to help doctors care for their patients – and now, parents nurture their children.
Shop All Stork Products
1. Castillo A et al. Prevention of Retinopathy of Prematurity in Preterm Infants through Changes in Clinical Practice and SpO2 Technology. Acta Paediatr. 2011 Feb;100(2):188-92. ROP caused by over oxygenation in NICU babies
2. de-Wahl Granelli A et al. Impact of pulse oximetry screening on the detection of duct dependent congenital heart disease: a Swedish prospective screening study in 39,821 newborns. BMJ. 2009;Jan 8;338.
3. Ehrenfeld JM et al. Continuous Non-invasive Hemoglobin Monitoring during Orthopedic Surgery: A Randomized Trial. J Blood Disorders Transf. 2014. 5:9. 2.
4. McGrath S et al. Inpatient Respiratory Arrest Associated With Sedative and Analgesic Medications: Impact of Continuous Monitoring on Patient Mortality and Severe Morbidity. J Patient Saf. 2020 14 Mar. DOI: 10.1097/PTS.0000000000000696.
6. Estimate: Masimo data on file.
7. Published clinical studies on pulse oximetry and the benefits of Masimo SET® can be found on our website at https://www.masimo.com/. Comparative studies include independent and objective studies which are comprised of abstracts presented at scientific meetings and peer-reviewed journal articles.
8. Not intended for use as a medical device or to replace a medical device. Do not use it to diagnose, cure, treat, alleviate, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Phone not included.
*Not intended for use as a medical device or to replace a medical device. Do not use it to diagnose, cure, treat, alleviate, or prevent any disease or health condition.